Executive Director - Moab Chamber of Commerce
The part-time Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day management of all Chamber functions and for carrying out policies and duties established by the Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and supervise an effective program of membership growth and services.
- Responsible for sending dues invoices and following up for payment.
- Develop and maintain an effective communications program responsive to the needs of the membership.
- Utilize partnerships with local agencies as appropriate.
- Organize and conduct an annual banquet consistent with the objectives of the Chamber.
- Organize and conduct monthly Chamber educational and social events that offer members a chance to network and share information and ideas, as well as to advance the professional, technical, and managerial skills of the membership.
- Provide all necessary information and materials to inform the Board, elected officials, partner agencies and membership on appropriate issues.
- Maintain effective internal and external public relations.
- Maintain and update the Chamber website that features local business, upcoming Chamber and community events and a membership directory that is available to the public and potential new customers and clients.
- Serve as spokesperson for the Chamber in conjunction with the President.
- Work with the Board Treasurer to manage the finances of the Chamber, including timely delivery of quarterly financial reports to the board and the preparation of an annual budget and long- range forecasts of needs; approval of disbursements, signing or co-signing checks with one of the board’s officers and maintaining general control of expenditures.
- Maintain the legal integrity of the Chamber.
- Plan and coordinate meetings of the Board of Directors and others affiliated with the Chamber.
- Provide monthly reports to the Board of Directors along with recommendations.
- Identify critical issues that may impact the Chamber and its members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time management/prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills particularly with non IT personnel
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills
- Ability to direct, supervise, and delegate work activity.
- Possess general knowledge of business practices, operations and needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, committees, members, governmental units, civic groups and the public.
- Job may require local travel or offsite travel for training.